Audiobooks are replacing eBooks as the digital download of choice for readers. Every indicator is showing audiobooks on the upswing this past year:
- Audible listening up 38%
- Audiobook sales growth up 20% worldwide
- Listening on smartphones is the fastest growing way people are getting audiobooks
- Because of the growth of podcasts, the demographics of audiobook listeners are skewing younger
- Automakers such as Honda, GM and more are including Audiobook Apps from Audible and iTunes in their new cars
- In Germany more audiobooks were sold last year than eBooks
Want more on the Audiobook Revolution? Go to my webinar presented by the Independent Book Publishers Association. If you missed it live, you can get the recorded version.